Engineering and Maintenance Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 DoE per annum Plus Company Car, Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to shape the future of maintenance and infrastructure whilst helping save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As Engineering and Maintenance Manager, you will work remotely supporting Olleco’s Supply & Collect depots and interact with support teams; Engineering and Capital Projects. You will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst delivering meaningful improvements to our engineering and manufacturing performance.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- The opportunity to support the direction and delivery of the engineering and maintenance strategy
- Evaluate, develop and execute maintenance, infrastructure and capital projects
- The opportunity to deliver performance excellence
A little bit more about the role:
- Manage and support maintenance activities at our Supply & Collect depots, including: hiring, management, motivation and development of staff and troubleshooting problems
- Improve Health & Safety standards and establish a strong safety culture within the Maintenance departments
- Manage multiple engineering/civil projects within an extensive project portfolio
- Lead and support the further development and implementation of a maintenance management system for all sites
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A degree in an Engineering or Civil discipline
- Experience in project management and the implementation of multiple complex projects in parallel - ideally from within FMCG, food or engineering disciplines
- A Chartered Engineer (or evidence of working towards chartership)
- Strong experience in cross-functional stakeholder management in highly complex and diverse projects, with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong IT skills - able to operate at high competence level in MS Office suite
- Strong working knowledge of Health & Safety best practices and industry standards (DSEAR/ATEX, PSSR, COSSH, EAW, FMEA, HAZOP, HACCP etc.)
- The ability to read/interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and P&IDs
Start-up or green/brown field experience is preferable. An appreciation of the following would be advantageous: IOSH, CDM and/ or CITB.
To apply for the role of Engineering and Maintenance Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Engineering and Maintenance Manager, E&M Manager, Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Senior Maintenance Engineer, Engineering.