£28,000 - £31,000 DOE Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service), Study Support
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly puts safety at the heart of everything we do and has big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellent performance, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As an Assistant Accountant based at our Blisworth offices, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Blisworth Central Accounts produces Accounts for Multiple Divisions comprising Oilsense, Foodwaste, Hep Oils, Aylesbury ADs and Supply Collect.
The Supply Collect Division is centralised in Blisworth and has x10 remote depots to produce Accounts for, so the role entails regular visits to sites to perform internal audits to ensure Olleco Policies and procedures are being followed and regularly inter-action with the General Managers of the Depot.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so will you be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Take on a busy, engaging role in a fast-paced department
- Undertake training to diversify your skillset
- Study support
A little bit more about the role:
- Prepare weekly management accounts with KPIs and supporting information
- Ensure weekly fresh oil stocktakes are correct and any discrepancies addressed
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis of weekly accounts v monthly accounts vs budgets
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly / monthly payroll analysis and journals
- Calculate and schedule accruals and prepayments
- Maintain FA Register (additions/disposals/interco)
- Capital expenditure reporting
- Calculate month-end rebates and fresh discount accruals, ensuring rates accrued are correct and approving supplier invoices
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and investigate variances as required
- Support the Finance Team in preparation of annual budgets/forecasts
- Support the purchase ledger/credit control team assisting queries
- Internal audits of sites to maintain/strengthen controls
- Assisting with year-end audit (KPMG Auditors)
- Producing supporting information for taxation computation
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A full AAT qualification and considering and/or commencing an ACCA or CIMA part qualification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A can-do attitude and flexibility
- The ability to work independently and be a team player
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- A high degree of accuracy
- Strong MS Word, Outlook and Excel skills, including VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables
Audit experience would be beneficial to your application.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Assistant Accountant, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Part-Qualified Accountant, Junior Accountant, Accounts Technician, or Management Accountant.
This role is also suitable for those seeking Accounting, Accountancy, Accounts, Financial, or Finance roles.