Sales Manager (12 Month FTC - Secondment Cover)
Newton Abbot, Devon
£23,000 - £25,000 Basic (realistic OTE £28,000 - £30,000) Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday
A thriving, world-class and innovative recycling and renewable energy company has a vacancy for a Sales Manager to join them, working on a 12 month fixed-term contract to cover a current manager during a period of secondment.
Olleco is a multi-award winning environmental company and the UK’s market leader for the collection and conversion of catering waste streams into renewable energy such as electricity, mains gas and biodiesel. We operate from over 20 locations throughout the UK.
Earlier this year Olleco was a runner up in the World Economic Forum Circular Economy awards at Davos and we have recently been awarded a Royal Warrant. Olleco is also the UK’s leading supplier of vegetable oils for the catering industry.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As the Sales Manager, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst leading a team of Customer Service and Telesales staff to ensure their continued sales success.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Making sure the team complete all routine daily work
- Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained
- Focussing the team on acquiring new customers
- Supporting the training of new team members
- Recognising and taking account of the crucial value of staff engagement and motivation in all one-to-one, team and support activities
- Developing new ways of improving our service and staying ahead of the competition
- Providing some account management for our larger customers
- Supporting company sales and marketing initiatives
To help get the successful candidate off to a flying start, on-site support and training concerning the role, the company and our systems will be provided by members of Olleco’s management and training teams. There will also be opportunities to participate in Olleco’s management training programme.
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- The sales and customer service management experience to lead a successful team
- The willingness to learn and work hard as part of a fast developing and innovative renewable energy company with an exciting future
To apply for the role of Sales Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Sales Manager, Contract, Sales Team Leader, Sales Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Senior Sales Executive, Senior Sales Rep, Sales Representative, Business Development Executive, BDE, Sales.