£23,987 per annum, Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 28 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet by working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
We offer excellent development and progression opportunities to ensure that our employees realise their full potential.
As the Warehouse Operative, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet. You’ll ensure the effective running of our warehouse area, making sure all employees comply with health and safety legislation. You will work Monday to Friday 12.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Loading and unloading waste cooking oil from vehicles
- Picking items required for deliveries, loading vehicles and ensuring that all loads are safe and secure
- Completing forklift and site checks
- Performing forklift - Safely storing waste oil within the yard
- Stock taking
- Ensuring the warehouse area is kept clean and tidy
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A full, valid driving licence
- Fork Lift Truck Licence (counterbalance)
- A methodical, hardworking approach
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Great organisation and communication skills
Shunting experience would be beneficial, as would a licence to drive a 7.5T vehicle.