AD Plant Manager
£Competitive Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (increasing with length of service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an AD Plant Manager to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As the AD Plant Manager, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst taking responsibility for the day-to-day operation of our Anaerobic Digestion facility.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Progress your career with a pioneering, environmentally-conscious company
- We’ve got an amazing history of innovation and of making a difference to the way things are done
- We’ve won multiple awards for lowering our carbon footprint, minimising waste and doing our bit for the environment
A little bit more about the role:
- Drive and improve health and safety, quality, throughput and yield
- Oversee, develop and motivate a team of Operators
- Undertake basic maintenance and repair activities to minimise downtime as appropriate, identify root causes of downtime and implement preventative and corrective action
- Liaise with maintenance staff to implement planned and corrective maintenance activities
- Create a culture of continuous improvement to ensure targets are achieved
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- BSc. in Engineering, Science or equivalent
- AD related experience
- A WAMITAB Level 4 qualification
- Experience of optimising and managing process parameters
- Process manufacturing experience
- A track record of delivering operational improvements
An operational Health and Safety qualification would be desirable but not essential.
To apply for the role of AD Plant Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: AD Plant Manager, Anaerobic Digestion Plant Manager, Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Process Manufacturing Manager, Production Operations Manager, Manufacturing Process Manager, Manufacturing.