Class 2 Driver
£40,800 per annum, Pension, BUPA Cash Plan, Life Assurance And 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
Want to be behind the steering wheel of the future? This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for Class 2 Driver to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Class 2 Driver based from our Erith Depot, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so will you be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within.
What we expect of each other;
- That every employee acts like an owner of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This the role that’s on offer for the right person;
- Get involved in establishing and maintaining systems and processes that ensure we are not just compliant but operating to the high standard of safety and performance excellence that we demand
- The opportunity to deliver performance excellence
A little bit more about the role;
As a Class 2 Driver, you will have experience of multi-drop and collection rounds. We treasure our customers, so you will also need to be able to create a rapport with them.
Using the latest handheld technology, you will record quantities as you collect and empty bins of food waste from catering establishments and make regular trips to an Anaerobic Digestion plant to empty and clean your vehicle.
There will also be a requirement to work on the oil side of the business delivering and collecting fresh and used cooking oil.
What are we looking for? As you can imagine you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward!
To join us as a Class 2 Driver, you will need:
- A class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and with no more than 6 points
- A digital tacho card
- Customer-facing experience
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
Ideally, you’ll have experience in a multi-drop, delivery or collection role. Experience in the waste industry would also be beneficial, as would a Driver CPC.
As this role involves moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kgs, we will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.
To apply for the role of Class 2 Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Class 2 Driver, Multi-Drop, Multi-Drop Driver, LGV Driver, C+E Driver, LGV C Driver, C Licence, C+E Licence, Delivery Driver, Multi-Drop Delivery Driver, Light Goods Vehicle, HGV Driver, Goods Vehicle Driver, Class II Driver, Tanker Driver.