Apprentice Laboratory Technician
£19,115.20 per annum Plus Pension, UPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an Apprentice Laboratory Technician to join our team in Liverpool and work towards achieving the Laboratory Technician Standard at Level 3 including BTEC Level 4 HNC in Applied Chemistry.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellence performance, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with a local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As an Apprentice based in the Liverpool depot, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so will you be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
A little bit more about the role:
You will support the Quality Control department in a Technician capacity;
- Performing quality tests to ensure products always meet the required specifications.
- Using a range of analytical techniques to analyse raw materials, materials in process and finished products for various parameters according to established written procedures and standards.
- You will support the plant operations team with in process control.
- Test and calibrate equipment to ensure optimum results.
- Conduct and support scientific investigations and experiments trials.
- Housekeeping and administration duties.
What are we looking for? As you can imagine you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward!
To be considered for this role, you must;
Have studied Chemistry/ Applied Science beyond GCSE level
Be able to demonstrate good organisational skills, analytical thinking and practical ability
Able to work effectively as part of a team and proven ability to use your own initiative and work independently when required
Work to tight deadlines