New Business Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 (DOE) Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a New Business Manager to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As our New Business Manager, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst developing a strong sales pipeline, from identifying potential leads through to closing new business deals.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Achieve agreed sales growth targets ensuring approved levels of profitability
- Remain up to date with market developments to identify potential opportunities for the organisation
- Identify and maximise cross selling opportunities and share these with colleagues as appropriate to enable us to maximise revenue opportunities
- Undertake smart negotiations to ensure that contracts and pricing are not secured on being the lowest cost supplier
- Build a prospect pipeline and manage this effectively to deliver new business
- Undertake research and activities to monitor the competitive landscape
- Produce high-quality complex documentation and presentations for customers and tenders which are effectively targeted to the audience
- Keep the sales management system up to date
- Responsible for leading deals with prospective new customers from leads through to completion to deliver new contracts
- Prepare and review budget information
- Maintain awareness of developments in sales and customer service techniques and technology
- Provide activity reports to the Head of National Sales
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Track record of delivering high performance in a sales, purchasing or buying role
- Proven and extensive success with closing contract deals on more than pricing
- Demonstrable experience of putting together high-quality documentation
- Strong external-facing experience
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Proficiency in IT, with the ability to use office software to a high standard
- To have achieved GCSEs in Maths & English (B or 5 minimum) or equivalent
- To have achieved A, B, B at A-level or equivalent
- A full, valid driving licence
To apply for the role of New Business Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Sales Development Executive, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, BDM, or Client Relationship Manager.