Biodiesel & AD Operator
£47,000 per annum (DOE) Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan and Life Assurance
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet by working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Biodiesel & AD Operator to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Biodiesel & AD Operator, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst supporting the smooth running of our Liverpool biodiesel and anaerobic digestion plant.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Operation of the biodiesel, fuel preparation and anaerobic digestion plant to the required specifications
- Investigating and resolving deviations
- Autonomous maintenance and identification of continuous improvement
- Quality control, including sampling and analysis
A little bit more about the role:
- Working as part of a self-managed team undertaking all duties associated with biodiesel production
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues in the Maintenance, Laboratory and Logistics Teams
- Working on an annualised hours rota on a 12 hour 4 on 4 off shift pattern
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- High SHEQ standards and sound knowledge of safety practice
- A relevant qualification in process operation (City & Guilds, HNC/HND)
- Knowledge and experience of working with process control systems (SCADA/PLC, DCS)
- A strong team player mentality
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- A sense of urgency and ownership
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Biodiesel & AD Operator, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Biodiesel Process Operator, Biodiesel Plant Operator, Chemical Process Operator, AD Operative, Recycling Process Operative, Recycling Plant Operative, Anaerobic Digestion Operative, or Process Operator.