Lead Barrel Processor
£25,500 per annum Plus Benefits including Pension, BUPA Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
Want to be behind the steering wheel of the future? This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for Lead Barrel Processor to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 600 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
A hands on role, the Lead Barrel Processor AD is responsible for leading, coordinating and undertaking the day to day tasks required to ensure the Barrel Processing functions efficiently and effectively, ensuring that key cleaning tasks are carried out around the plant when required.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That every employee acts like an owner of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Ensure all tasks are undertaken in a safe & compliant manner
- Loading and unloading food waste barrels from trailers
- ing and cleaning barrels
- Using a combination of manual handling and Forklift trucks to complete tasks
- Allocate and undertake the day to day operation of the barrel processing and work as a team with the other processors
- Perform tasks as appropriate to ensure the continuous and effective performance of the facility
- Act in a timely manner to maximise operational performance
- Look for opportunities to continuously optimise and develop the current process to improve the efficiency of barrel and share these suggestions with the site management team
What are we looking for? As you can imagine you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward!
To join us as a Lead Barrel Processor, you will need:
- Industry or role related qualification desirable but not essential (i.e. Forklift licence, Operational Health and Safety qualification desirable but not essential)
- Experience of delegating tasks effectively
- Role related certification desirable, but not essential
- High SHEQ standards and sound knowledge of safety practices
- Experience in an industrial related field
- Experience of working on a mobile plant
- Experience of managing activities and performance within defined process parameters
To apply for the role of Lead Barrel Processor, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Barrel Processor Supervisor, Barrel Processor Lead, Barrel Processor Coordinator, Barrel Processor Manager, or Barrel Processor.