Customer Service Manager
£30,000 Basic Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday
A vibrant, world class and innovative recycling and renewable energy company has a vacancy for a Customer Service Manager.
Olleco is the UK’s market leader for the collection and conversion of catering waste streams into renewable energy such as electricity, mains gas and biodiesel. We are also the UK’s leading supplier of vegetable oils for the catering industry.
Last year, Olleco was a runner up in the World Economic Forum Circular Economy awards at Davos and we have recently been awarded a Royal Warrant.
We are recruiting a Customer Service Manager to join us at an exciting time in our journey. If successful, you’ll be leading a friendly, focussed, supportive and professional team. This is a permanent position where the successful candidate will become part of the success of a company which is making a real difference to the UK’s circular economy and to the fight to reduce the impact of global climate change.
As a Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of three customer service staff who act as a central hub for national contract customer service, administration sales support and reporting.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing, developing and continuously improving all team functions
- Recognising and supporting the crucial value of staff engagement and motivation
- Setting a high standard for communication with, and support of, all customers – both external and internal
- National contract administration and pricing maintenance
- Providing support to the National Sales Team
You will need:
- A solid and proven track record of managing a customer service team, as well as identifying and delivering process improvements and efficiencies
- Sound Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience of managing large databases
- Excellent communication skills, resilience and the drive to succeed
- Good decision-making skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
Experience of the waste or catering industries would be an advantage but not essential. Above all, we are looking for the right individual who has management experience and is willing to learn and work hard as part of a fast-developing and innovative renewable energy company with an exciting future.
To help get the successful candidate off to a flying start, support and training concerning the role, the company and our systems will be provided by your line manager and Olleco’s management training team. There will also be opportunities to participate in Olleco’s management training programme.
Currently, team members are either working from home or in a COVID secure office. This mix will continue as appropriate during the current pandemic. The team is in frequent and daily contact via Microsoft Teams, telephone and email and we will work closely with the successful candidate to support their integration into the Olleco team during this unique time.
To apply for the role of Customer Service Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Additional keywords: Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Team Leader, Customer Service Supervisor, Customer Care Team Lead, Customer Account Manager, Customer Care Manager, Contact Centre Supervisor.