Odour Assessor - Part Time
£10 per hour Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday pro rata (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an Odour Assessor to join our team on a part time basis and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As an Odour Assessor, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst supporting the smooth running of our anaerobic digestion plant.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Complete a site tour twice a day, walking/driving to follow a pre-planned route in-line with our environmental permit
- Carry out smell tests to ensure our controls are working properly and document your findings
- On occasion, you may be required to travel to other local sites to carry out tests
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
To be considered as our Odour Assessor, you’ll need good documentation skills. A positive attitude, strong communication skills and a great eye for detail are also key.
This is a part time role, working two hours a day. You will carry out one tour in the morning and one in the afternoon. However, we can be flexible about what time these tours are completed.
You will need to have use of your own vehicle in order to complete one section of the route, mileage will be reimbursed.
To apply for the role of Odour Assessor, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Odour Assessor, Part Time, Contract, Environmental Monitoring Assistant, Environmental Assessor, Environmental Monitoring Technician, Environmental Monitoring Officer, Health & Safety Assessor, H&S Assessor, EHS Officer, EHS Assessor, EHS Technician, Environmental, Health & Safety Officer, HS&E Advisor, Health & Safety Advisor, EHS Advisor, SHEQ Advisor, SHEQ Assessor.