Northampton, Northamptonshire (office/field based, with regular travel to visit clients)
£Competitive Plus Bonus, Company Car, Pension, Life Assurance, Bupa Medical Plan, BUPA Private Medical Insurance
Olleco is a wholly owned subsidiary of ABP food group. Over the last 15 years we have developed into one of the UK’s leading examples of the circular economy. Serving the food industry, we help our customers collect their organic waste and we convert it into sustainable biogas and biodiesel helping to ensure that climate change doesn’t reach the catastrophic levels predicted by many scientists if we do nothing. We are quite literally helping to save the planet and we are committed to our role in delivering a sustainable future for our customers and their customers.
We are now looking for an Account Manager to join our team in Northampton and support our long-term sales strategy to drive business growth and account development.
This is the ideal role for a sales, purchasing or buying professional in a customer facing role with high performance account management skills to further enhance their career with our incredible company.
As an Account Manager, you will lead sales of our biofuels and organic waste collection services and biofuels to the blue chip food manufacturing segment.
You will develop a good understanding of the commercial aspects of our business so that you understand the profitability of proposals you make. The value of our biofuels is determined by global markets and government policy and you will learn how these work in order to maximise the value we create for Olleco and our customers.
In addition, you will become a climate change champion, having a clear grasp of the carbon savings Olleco can generate for its customers. But you will also need to understand the practicalities of servicing our customers and work with our engineering teams to develop bespoke waste collection solutions for them. You will account manage existing accounts and hunt down and sell to new key accounts.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage existing accounts for retention and growth
- Utilise convincing sales techniques and negotiation skills to bring new accounts on board
- Act as the climate change champion for carbon savings
- Work with Engineering Teams to develop bespoke waste collection solutions for clients
- Develop intimate knowledge of clients’ processes, vision, goals and challenges
Interested? As you can see, you’ll need a broad range of skills to succeed. But we don’t expect you to have all of this from the start, we will coach and train you and so it’s more important to us that you have the intelligence to grasp our business as well as the organisational ability to co-ordinate and lead our approach to the customer.
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience in a customer facing role, preferably in a business to business environment with experience of blue chip clients (but if you’ve discovered that account management/sales is for you, we’ll consider any previous experience including purchasing or project management)
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present to an organisation in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Strong negotiating skills or capability
- Experience of putting together high quality documentation
- Financial and commercial awareness
- A minimum of B / 5 in Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent)
- A, B, B at A level (or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level (2:1 minimum) or equivalent
- A full, clean driving licence
Articulate, detail focused and dedicated, as an Account Manager, you will also need to be an excellent relationship builder with a result-oriented approach.
To apply for the role of Account Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Key Account Manager, National Account Manager, Key Client Manager, Client Account Manager, Customer Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager.