£26,208 per annum Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Drivers Mate to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Drivers Mate, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst assisting the Driver with delivery and collection of fresh and used cooking oil in line with the daily route.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Responsible for performing all duties in a safe manner. Ensuring awareness of the potential hazards and their wider environment at all times
- At all times support the driver to ensure full regard to the law and to road safety
- Support the driver with the daily vehicle checks. Ensure the vehicle is kept clean at all times, including the cab
- Deliver and collect oil on a daily round to designated customers. This will include approximately 30-40 stops per day
- Obtain signatures for delivery and collection at all locations. Calculate required payments and rebates for cash on delivery customers and obtain payment
- Ensure a high standard of customer service at all times. Deliver or return items to the customers preferred location wherever this can be done safely
- Assist the organisation with retaining existing customers by noting any competitor activity and sharing this with the customer services team
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Customer-facing experience
- Numerate and literate, able to calculate cash payments and complete paperwork accurately
- A driving licence is required without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and with no more than 6 points
Experience as a drivers mate in a multi drop, delivery role would be preferred.
To apply for the role of Drivers Mate, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Drivers Mate, Driver’s Mate, Van Mate, Driver’s Assistant, Multi-Drop Driver’s Mate, Multi-Drop Driver, Driver, Delivery Driver, Multi-Drop Delivery Driver, Delivery Operative, Driving, Multi-Drop.