£Competitive DOE Plus BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Pension, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet by working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for an EICA Technician to work as part of our Maintenance team in Aylesbury and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As an EICA Technician, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst performing routine diagnostic checks on automated systems, troubleshooting PLC, instrumentation, and electrical control circuits.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Acting as the safety champion, you will demonstrate safe working principles throughout the organisation and highlight concerns or practices that contravene safety
- Supporting our production departments across two sites in fault diagnosis, you will carry out scheduled maintenance and participate in emergency on-call duty on a rotational basis with maintenance colleagues
- Completing calibration checks of field instrumentation and stroke testing on pneumatic, hydraulic, and motor-operated valves
- Performing receipt verification and bench checks of new instruments and installation inspections against design documentation
- Assisting in the commissioning of control systems for new processes and equipment
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship
- Technical qualifications such as City & Guilds and/or an NVQ (or equivalent)
- Proven ability to read electrical drawings, P&IDs and ladder logic PLC Code
- The ability to work on Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLCs. Monitor and fault finding including the use of Rockwell programming software to view status and process values
- The ability to work on SCADA/HMIs, monitoring and fault finding
- Experience of working on communication systems, Ethernet/IP, Modbus Serial, Modbus TCP, and Profinet DP/PA
- The ability to work on Rockwell drive systems, monitoring and fault finding
- Familiarity with the use of calibration and testing equipment for instruments and to inspect, test and perform troubleshooting and diagnose faults
- Possess and demonstrate a logical thought process and excellent fault-finding skills
- The ability to work under pressure to keep production at a maximum, and maintain tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication, producing reports and documentation, and IT literacy
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an EICA Technician, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Engineer, Fault Finding Engineer, PCL Engineer, PCL Technician, M&E Engineer, Automation Technician, Controls Engineer, Controls Technician, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation Technician, Electrical Instrumentation Engineer, or Control and Automation Engineer.