Purchase Ledger Clerk
£23,500 Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellent performance, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk, based in our head office in Northampton, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
A little bit more about the role:
- The entry and reconciliation of the ledgers
- Report to the Purchase Ledger Manager
- Weekly stock reconciliations to strict deadlines
- Code, match and input stock and non-stock supplier invoices
- Process intercompany invoices
- Reconcile expenses
- Resolve queries from suppliers and other departments
- Run payments
- Reconcile suppliers’ monthly statements
- Assist with month-end procedures
- Assist with year-end accounts and supply of audit information
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Proficiency in Excel at intermediate to advanced level
- A proactive attitude to work
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and the willingness to work additional hours if needed (time to be taken back in lieu)
- A personable nature
- A firm but fair approach to dealing with colleagues and their expenses
- Attention to detail
- A team player
To apply for the role of Purchase Ledger Clerk, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Finance Clerk, or Account Clerk.