National Account Manager – Food Factories
Home Based (with regular travel)
Competitive Salary & Bonus Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, we’re ensuring that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a National Account Manager to join our National Accounts Team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
As the National Account Manager, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet while developing new business opportunities with food factory customers.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Support the delivery of our sales strategy and ensure that targets are met
- Lead and implement our platinum/key account strategy and plans
- Play an important role in account retention and build strong relationships with prospects to secure new customers
A little bit more about the role:
- Ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved
- Undertake smart negotiations to deliver best value for Olleco
- Perform regular account reviews to identify opportunities and any risks
- Manage tenders, issue resolution and contract renewals as appropriate
- Provide technical advice and support to customers
- Remain up to date with market developments and identify potential opportunities for Olleco
- Carry out competitor research
- Keep the sales management system up to date
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Account management experience, gained in a sales, purchasing or buying role
- Proven and extensive success of developing accounts/suppliers to increase value for the company
- Engineering knowledge
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience with Salesforce or a prospect management system would be beneficial to your application. Formal training in sales or purchasing would also be an advantage.
To apply for the role of National Account Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role BDM, Business Development Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Engineering Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, or Senior Sales Executive.