Despatch Supervisor (12 Month FTC)
£30,000 - £33,000 per annum DOE Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, we’re helping to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Despatch Supervisor to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Despatch Supervisor, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to help protect the planet whilst delivering the logistical and administrative activities of our Aylesbury site.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Take responsibility for the planning, logistics and compliance of feedstock across multiple Anaerobic Digestion sites
- Work closely with the sales team on commercial activities
- Act as a point of escalation for customers and colleagues
- Make sure that staff and visitors adhere to H&S guidelines
- Oversee the smooth running of the site office and weighbridge
- Support continuous improvement activities
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- Administrative and management experience in a logistics or distribution environment
- Experience of working with the commercial aspects of logistics, such as the quotation and negotiation of rates
- Previous experience of working with compliance, ideally within the waste industry or a willingness to undertake further training
- People management experience and strong leadership skills
- High SHEQ standards and sound knowledge of safety practices
- Experience of creating and using complex spreadsheets and other data
- Previous experience of communicating and building relationships with customers and dealing with escalated issues
Training and/or a qualification in any of the following would be beneficial: MS Excel, administration or logistics, operational health and safety, or people management.
To apply for the role of Despatch Supervisor, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Dispatch Supervisor, Despatch Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Team Leader, Distribution Supervisor, Senior Administrator, Senior Dispatch Co-ordinator, or Senior Logistics Administrator.