Viking Way, Erith DA8 1EW, UK
£32,000 - £34,000 DOE Closing Date
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
£32,000 - £34,000 DOE Plus BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Pension, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
Committed to sustainability, Olleco are on a mission to reduce waste within the foodservice industry. We are now looking for an Operations Manager to join our team.
This is a superb opportunity for a logistics professional with a great leadership style looking to take on a fresh, new challenge.
We have an amazing history of innovation and of making a difference to the way things are done and so we are looking for innovative thinkers who are dedicated and understand our mission.
We’ve always been making waves in our industry, from when we first built our recycling network to when we converted our fleet to use recycled fuel and opened our newest anaerobic digestion plant. There are even more innovations in our future, so join us on our journey and find out how we plan to save our planet.
As the Operations Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the day-to-day running of our Erith depot.
Specifically, you will provide support, development and assistance to the Drivers and support to the depot as a whole.
Your role will focus on health & safety aspects, safety procedures, fleet compliance, maintenance, training, compliance, administration and rounds.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will:
- Take responsibility for performing all activities in a safe manner and promoting health and safety through the depot
- Ensure all contactors have the correct permits and paperwork
- Make sure that daily vehicle checks are completed by Drivers and damage or defects are reported
- Assist with minor vehicle maintenance, such as bulb replacements
- Provide induction training, training evaluations and refresher training as required
- Ensure that working time checks, DQC and government licence checks are carried out
- Support all rounds, including Driver shortages, stock, loading and routes
- Complete all paperwork and IT systems for your work and that of the Drivers
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
- Previous experience of delivering results in a logistics role
- Experience as a line manager
- A track record of applying driving hours, tachograph and working time regulations
- Experience of managing multi-drop routing
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
As the Operations Manager, you will have superb communication, leadership and motivational skills with a calm, methodical approach to your work. The ability to work under pressure is also essential.
To apply for the role of Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown.