Class 2 Driver - Oilsense Tanker Collections
£36,500 per annum plus Benefits including Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (increasing with length of service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything they do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join our Oilsense team and help us to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellent performance, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Class 2 Driver based in the Blisworth depot, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to. Your rounds will be routed weekly and you will be required to stay away overnight 2-3 times per week.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so will you be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person
- You’ll provide a friendly, professional service and ensure that customers enjoy a first-class experience with Olleco
- Visiting catering establishments and other customers, you will collect used cooking oil on daily rounds to designated customers using a tanker vehicle
- Clean oil storage tanks at every collection
- Average of 2-3 overnight stays required per week (overnight allowance applicable)
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for
- A Class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Experience with digital tacho cards and customer-facing experience
- Experience in a multi-drop, delivery or collection role, but this is advantageous, not essential
- Experience in the waste industry, also beneficial and not essential, as is a CPC qualification, but we are happy to help with this!
- DCPC desirable
As the role can involve moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kg, we will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.
To apply for the role of Class 2 Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Delivery Driver, 7.5T Driver, 7.5 Tonne Driver, HGV Driver, Driver, Lorry Driver, Multi-Drop Driver, Goods Vehicle Driver, Collections & Delivery Driver, Drayman, Haulage Driver, or Haulage Operative.