£28,000 Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Logistics Planner to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering an excellent performance, we supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. We offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance we get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Logistics Planner, you will be a fundamental part of our team, enabling us to continue with our mission to serve the planet, a purpose we care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career, we encourage continuous learning and pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Help us achieve even more amazing things
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable us to be the best we can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- We are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so we encourage our colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
As a Logistics Planner, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe, compliant and effective delivery of our Oilsense operations.
You will lead and manage an engaged and skilled driving and operations team and oversee the management of operational resources.
A little bit more about the role:
- Ensure efficient routing to maximise round efficiency and volume of used oil collected
- Manage the driving team to maximise engagement and retention
- Ensure vehicle maintenance activity is scheduled and undertaken in a timely manner
- Responsible for the safe execution of all operations and driving activities at the depot
- Ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and up to date
- Manage and monitor storage tanks at depots and organise the effective transport of waste
- Take calls and provide support to sites requesting technical help with equipment
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
To apply for the role, you will need:
- To be an experienced line manager
- Extensive experience of managing multi-drop routing
- Knowledge and experience of applying driving hours, tachograph and working time regulations
- Demonstrable experience of delivering results in a logistics role
- A track record of improving the performance of others
- Excellent administrative skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- An IOSH Managing Safely certification (or the willingness and capability to attain one)
- To be educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- A full, valid driving licence
To apply for the role of Logistics Planner, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Resource Planner, Transport Planner, Operations Controller, or Logistics Co-ordinator.