Location: Erith, London East
Salary: £26,682.24 Plus Pension, BUPA Cash Plan, Life Assurance, uniform and 20 days’ holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans for the future.
Olleco is on a mission to help protect the planet. Working together with thousands of food service businesses, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Trainee Driver to join our team and help us to continue to do things the right way. There may be an opportunity for the successful candidate to work towards an HGV licence after 6 months in the role.
With over 700 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide, we supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to our H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
Olleco offers first-class training and is actively seeking to recruit a Trainee Driver to undertake a fully sponsored Class 2 qualification.
Why join us?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What we expect of each other:
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
As a Trainee Driver whilst training to become a Class 2 Driver, you will primarily be working as a Drivers Mate and your daily tasks will include:
- Responsible for performing all duties in a safe manner. Ensuring awareness of the potential hazards and their wider environment at all times
- At all times support the driver to ensure full regard to the law and road safety
- Support the driver with the daily vehicle checks. Ensure the vehicle is kept clean at all times, including the cab
- Deliver and collect oil on a daily round to designated customers. This will include approximately 30-40 stops per day
- Obtain signatures for delivery and collection at all locations. Calculate required payments and rebates for cash on delivery customers and obtain payment
- Ensure a high standard of customer service at all times. Deliver or return items to the customer’s preferred location wherever this can be done safely
- Assist the organisation with retaining existing customers by noting any competitor activity and sharing this with the customer services team
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don’t expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A valid driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ideally, candidates will have experience in a multi drop, delivery or collection role.
- Customer-facing experience
- Numerate and literate, able to calculate cash payments and complete paperwork accurately
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Trainee Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Junior HGV Driver, Trainee LGV Driver, Trainee HGV Driver, Driver’s Mate, Trainee Multi-Drop Driver, Trainee Delivery Driver, or Trainee Delivery & Collections Driver.